The LIC Pedals Germanium Boost is a small, heavy duty, noise free pedal. It provides harmonic complexity with smooth, glassy high end boost. The LIC Pedals Germanium Boost has added output which supplies enough bass and midrange to even the pedal out and provide a balanced, bright, full frequency boost. Coupled with a driven amplifier, this pedal produces a range of tones from clean to nearly fuzzed out. The pedal now has a frequency switch making it possible for players to better sculpt their tone to better fit their guitar and amp setup.ent.
* 4 ¾” x 2 ½” 125B aluminum enclosure w/ top mounted jacks
* Mullard/Phillips OC43 germanium transistor
* Vintage NOS Mullard tropical fish capacitors
* Vintage NOS Allen Bradley carbon comp resistors
* New Sprague Atom Electrolytic capacitors
* True Bypass Carling footswitch
* Alpha CTS potentiometers
* Shielded wiring for the low noise possible
* Dakaware US made knobs
LIC Pedals Germanium Boost & Toneman Rangemaster
Two Rangemaster pedals, Don Butler's excellent Toneman Rangemaster and LIC Pedals Germanium boost. Amp is a 1974 JMP 100 watt through a 4 x 12 cabinet and various guitars.
Originally designed as a stand alone unit, the Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster was created at a time when guitar amps had a darker, warmer sound quality. It was used by players from Eric Clapton, Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) and Brian May (Queen). The Rangemaster had a tendency to be a bit noisy, as it was a stand alone unit.